This is a brief summary of some of the major Firewise Wyoming - Natrona County Projects and Objectives:
1. Conduct Wildfire Hazard home site and structure Assessments for landowners on Casper Mountain and
other wildland urban-interface areas.
2. Assist area landowners to implement Wildfire Hazard Reduction Projects on their properties, including the
use of a cost share program.
3. Create and implement FIREWISE information and education through workshops, educational material, PSA’s
and other related articles for local and statewide publications.
4. Developed a new “Firewise Wyoming” Website - www.firewisewyoming.com
5. Eight demonstration sites have been developed on Casper Mountain so landowners can view examples of
wildfire mitigation projects.
6. Work with landowners to develop Forest Stewardship Defensible Space Plans and Forest Management Plans.
7. Update a Wildfire Mitigation plan for Casper Mountain, as well as Wildfire Hazard maps and related GPS
8. Offer a FIREWISE plant/landscaping list.
This is a list of our Key Collaborators and Partners:
Casper Mountain Fire Protection District
Casper Mountain Forest Stewardship Association
Casper Mountain Landowners
City of Casper Fire Department
City of Casper Leisure Services
Natrona County Conservation District
Natrona County Fire Protection District
Natrona County Sheriff Emergency Management
Natural Resources Conservation Service
Natrona County Parks/Road and Bridge
Natrona County Fire Warden
National Park Service
State Board of Realtors
Statewide Media & Press Associations
Town of Bar Nunn Fire Department
Town of Mills Fire Department
U.S. Forest Service
U.S. Bureau of Land Management
UW Cooperative Extension Service
Wyoming Association of Independent Agents
Wyoming Association of Home Builders
Wyoming Association of Municipalities
Wyoming Conference of Building Officials
Wyoming County Commissioners Association
Wyoming Planning Association
Wyoming State Forestry Division